Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12: Why I Don't Take Meds

I debated writing this post. Anxiety and fear have been a struggle for me. I know many other people who have also struggled with anxiety and fear.

I have never taken medication for my fear and anxiety, but many of my friends have.

This is not a post written out of judgment. This is a post for someone who is reading this. I don't know who, but someone. This someone struggles with fear and anxiety, but doesn't know if it is "medication worthy". First, I don't know if your struggle is either. This is something to talk to a counselor/psychiatrist and your doctor about.

What I do know is that we live in a medication crazy world.

I have sought counseling. God used that in my life. I have not used anxiety medication. God has used that in my life. For me medication would not have treated the underlying causes of my fear and anxiety.

My struggle sprang from a deeply spiritual struggle. God has been the one healing me of it. For some people part of God's healing might involve medication. For most of us it will involve getting real with God, ourselves and those who love us about the fear in our hearts. This may or may not involve meds.

It is something to weigh heavily in this fight against fear. The goal is to live fear free...whatever way God brings that about for each one of us.



Day 13: Handing Down Fear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...