Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Velvet Ashes: A Dream Launches

It all happened within 48 hours.

I received an email from a sister on the field in East Africa. It was a heart wrenching email that was like watching a dear friend bleed broken through my screen. Then hours later another email from one more sister who needed a shoulder to lean on across miles and miles of ocean between her and all the familiar.

I ached.

I know well the loneliness that can creep in when you don't see faces that look like your own. I know the fear that can smother hope and paralyze productivity on the foreign field. I know what it's like to need a knowing embrace from someone who gets it.

I prayed and wrote back words of courage, but all the while I wanted to offer more. I wanted to make a place for these women to come home to from afar.

The next day Lisa Jo's shared plea for Velvet Ashes popped up in my facebook feed. It was no coincidence and the Spirit spoke loud and clear.

I had to be involved. So here I am.

Velvet Ashes


Today is a special day. A day that has been coated in prayer ever since the idea found me through the power of social media.

The Velvet Ashes community has launched and now we need every one of you to link arms with us to get the word out.

Do you know women serving on the field overseas? 
Would you share the hope and community that is Velvet Ashes with them?

Here are a few ways you can be involved:
  • Tweet (#VelvetAshes) about the launch of the Velvet Ashes site and make sure to follow @Velvet_Ashes on twitter.
{Click to tweet this}

  • Join our weekly link-up "The Grove" on your blog. This weeks prompt is "Together".
This is only the beginning and I feel it in my spirit that God is going to use it to do big things to heal, connect and plant seeds of encouragement deep for so many women living their calling in strange lands.

The doors are open. Help us wave our sisters home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...