Friday, April 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Jump

I missed last week. My Friday of free writing was lost amidst boxes and boxes. I'm back again to write free and fearless...which is only really possible if we're living free and fearless.

Come on friends, unclench the fists, open the heart and jump into His safe arms.

 Here is my five minutes on "Jump"

I say "hop" and her little body bounces up and down without feet leaving the ground. I tell her that jumping is like a big feet all the way off the ground hop. I say "jump" and she bounces hard up and down, feet still locked to the floor. I cheer and chant "Yay, yay, yay!" and grin a mile wide because her joy is overflowing and splashing all over me.

I would never stop her to tell her that what she did wasn't really, technically a hop or a jump. I'd never waste my breathe or steal my own joy or her's by informing her that she failed at her attempt. No, her limbs and heart are learning and her joy at these discoveries leaves me proud.

This journey toward the unknown is like learning to jump. 

We never quite know if we're doing it right, but the smile of our Father pulls us on. His smile tells us that even when we're not certain and it feels like we're failing at every turn, He doesn't really care. It is the walking forward, the scared and uncertain tripping into the darkness that lights up His Father heart.



 Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...