Friday, April 5, 2013

5 Minute Friday: After

Writing fearlessly is what this 5 minutes is all about. Join up with the rest of us who dare to fling words on a screen without looking over our shoulders.

Topic: After
GO!

I peel back the covers and plant wobbly feet on a sturdy floor. Only 8 more days of these walls left before we move home and hearth to a rural mountain town and begin a whole new adventure. Remnants of our life here are lying everywhere scattered in boxes and stacks throughout the house. My heart feels a bit scattered and I'm never quite sure where to call home.

I'm always thinking that after the next move we'll find a place that feels like home. After we unpack boxes and hang the pictures the new place will begin to weave its way into our souls, but before that happens I have to pull up roots yet again and that fact is wearing thin right this second.

I stare at the calendar and "X" the day on the calendar. One day closer to a new place and all that will be after. The after is daunting. We're stretching our faith wings into an after without a job, without a certainty that we won't completely fall on our face. The one certain and unmistakeable truth is that our after this time will look vastly different than our before.

Wobbly feet and knocking knees I rise out of bed and put my hand in the hand of a God who has written His story all over my before and is already waiting in the after to make my path straight and heart sure.

STOP!



Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...