Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 27: Sharing the Load

I'm blessed to have a husband who is braver than I'll ever be. 

He knows that I struggle with fear and he always leads me to the cross when I am afraid. Ok, sometimes he exasperatedly says, "Why are you afraid {eyebrows furrowed}?", but then he takes me to the cross.  One of the reasons we need to admit fear is so that others can come alongside us and remind us of who Jesus is. My husband is able to shoulder the load that fear can put on me at times.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer said,  “The Christian needs another Christian who speaks God’s Word to him. He needs him again and again when he becomes uncertain and discouraged, for by himself he cannot help himself without belying the truth. He needs his brother as a bearer and proclaimer of the divine word of salvation.”

I've said it a dozen times during this series. We weren't created to do life alone. We need the voice of Jesus and the voice of others to dispel fear. We don't have to carry the load of fear. Jesus carried that load once and for all and gives us others to point us toward that truth if we are willing to be vulnerable.


Tomorrow: Day 28: What Fears May Come

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...