Friday, May 2, 2014

My Mess, His Mosaic

I'm so very late to the Five Minute Friday party this week. Late. Here I am to say "Yes" to five minutes of brave writing.

This week we're celebrating the release of Kristen Welch's book Rhinestone Jesus: Saying Yes to God When Sparkly Safe Faith Is No Longer Enough. She has a crazy {amazing} belief that we can say "yes" to God even if our life isn't neat and tidy and she dares us to believe that with her.

On Monday I'll have a "Yes" in my mess post and a giveaway of a copy of the book, but for now I'm joining with Lisa-Jo and the rest of the gang for 5 minutes on "Mess"

We're about to move twice in a month. My whole week has revolved around moving boxes and I'm bone tired from it all. It's a mess. A catastrophe of life exploded between two houses.

This is a juggling act of storage units and a temporary house and a million other questions about purpose and place.  And while everyone else is doing the day to day I feel like I am struggling to get from one day to the next with my sanity intact.

I feel buried under boxes and to-dos and should-dos. The load weighs heavy but I've not shouldered it alone. There has been this community of courageous Jesus lovers that have shown up around me. They have watched the wee-girl and walked a lap or two in around the park and this spinning wheel of life just to remind me that God is here with me in my mess.

It's here in the mess that I know my need most.

I know that in no area of my life can I go it alone. 

So on a Friday morning when the Millie has woken up at the crack of dawn because of the light peaking through the windows of her new {for now} room I can cup my coffee and rest. It will all get done. The boxes will stay packed for now and we'll move again in a month.

These questions will be answered and we'll drop pebbles behind us to point to God's faithfulness. It isn't really a mess to God. It's a mosaic. A mosaic He is piecing it together in the most beautiful way.

There isn't a magic eraser big enough, but there is a God bigger than.

It's messy and it might not ever be, but we'll clear the brush from the path as we go so that we can look back and see where He led us from no matter where we're headed. 

"Farther along we'll know all about it. Farther along we'll understand why. So cheer up my brothers live in the sunshine. We'll understand this all by and by."
~Josh Garrels "Farther Along" from Love & War & The Sea In Between


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...