Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 13: Extraordinary Ordinary

Our power went out last week for a bit. A cold night forced on our gas fireplace and the dust that was on the grate caused a bit of smoke, enough to set our smoke alarms a buzz at 7:00am. My idea of mopping is well...not mopping. Our blessing of a home is a trailer that is anything but level. I've grown to hate berber carpet with the fire of a thousand suns.

Everything I just named has an inverse. The inverse of discontent is gratitude and I'm determined to flip the less than glamorous parts of my life on their head.

The electricity going out was a blessing in disguise. I got a bunch of work I would have otherwise avoided done.

The smoke alarms worked! Yes, if we had a real fire they would have alerted us. Not to mention that we have heat.

The mopping? It doesn't matter. I mean in terms of cleanliness it does, but my daughter plays and we do life and the floors are dirty, but it doesn't steal our joy.

This trailer that sits a bit askew. It is the fulfillment of a need for now and so I choose to take joy when I would rather choose a solid foundation with a wraparound porch.

There is no more solid foundation then Jesus and building a life on Him with thanks on our lips.

And everyday is an opportunity for thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...