Monday, September 30, 2013

Extraordinary Ordinary: Day 1


I was hesitant to take the challenge again. Last year it was a last minute decision and quite frankly my topic was more than a little ambitious for being a last minute decision. This year I was on again off again about it, but here I am on October 1, 2013 to join in the journey again.

I'm going a bit smaller (read as: no crazy ambition to right a book based on my 31 days in the future) this time. I don't feel the need to do a ton of writing because I am doing a ton of writing right now- which makes this even more wackadoo for me to be doing.

I'm going to be challenging us all in these 31 days to look closely at the mundane in life. I want us all to think deeply about the meaning behind those piles of dishes, dust bunnies, and not-perfect-but beautiful places in life and imagine how we can change our everyday lives by letting God change our everyday perspective on things. 

I want to spin the everyday on it's head. 

All the things we're told don't matter. I'm using my 31 Days to say that they matter immensely. They matter more than big budget films and glitzy Hollywood parties. They are the stuff of real life, more real and really meaningful than any bit of reality t.v.

My posts won't be long {ahem, I know my tendency is not for brevity but I will try} but they will contain a photo with 2-3 sentences {again, brevity, not my thing but I'm gonna give it a go}that help you and I look at the contents of the image a bit deeper.  The goal is to find places to worship and see God in every nook and cranny of life.

Welcome to "31 Days of Extraordinary Ordinary"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...