Thursday, September 26, 2013

5 Minute Friday: True

It's the last Friday in September, and boy what a September it has been. I'm sad to see September go, but October is my favorite month and I have about a million reasons to be excited...and one of those reasons is that we're gonna Five Minute Friday party LIVE at Allume! YEOW!

But first, let's get our 5 minutes on one more time in the month of September!

My 5 minutes on "True"

It seems only fair that I would tell you the truth.

The truth being that I have struggled through the last two weeks and blamed it on hormones and the change in season and a cloud drifting over my bright and sunny personality.

The truth is sometimes the thing we don't want to look at.

The way a broken mirror can multiply and magnify all the ugly. I feel like I've been looking in a broken mirror at myself lately and that mirror has only served to show me one person grappling with a dichotomy, my self and my selfishness.

These are the long days of mothering. I write it on the wall of our group, and I say it out loud. I say how selfish I've been and how I just want to run and run and be myself for just five minutes apart from the demands and as I write it I see my selfishness and other women rush to wrap arms around and pass the chocolate over.

These are the days when I have to submit self to the only one that can rip self away and and give us Himself.

On the days you want to escape find the strength to hide in Him.

He is the strength we need to hide away and allow Him to take away all the ugly pride and stinking selfishness. The heart hidden in Him is incomparably braver than the selfish soul that runs away from His good gifts.


Five Minute Friday

 A few months back words of beauty popped out of a 5 Minute Friday post of mine. These words stuck with me and with many of you. My friend Amy Davis was sweet enough to create a piece of art for all of us to enjoy and it is now my gift to you! Go ahead and print it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...