Friday, January 4, 2013

5 Minute Friday: Opportunity

Oh, 5 minute Friday how I have missed you and the way you make me throw caution to the wind and write with no worries about if it is just right. Click on over and see what this whirlwind 5 minutes of writing is all about and the other brave souls who write along with me each week.

Topic: Opportunity
GO!

Its like being perched on the edge of a cliff with a pool of water below just begging to be leaped into. I've always been the one to hem and haw before taking that leap. I argue with myself about the rationality, the risk, the chance that it might be a crazy choice that no one understands. This year is ripe with opportunity and all my talk about fearlessness has got me wondering if these opportunities might be the pool that my fearlessness has me falling, head first at times, into.

Yesterday I read about a man suspended on a wire high above bustling city streets. The reward was greater than the risk. He was free as long as he kept risking life and limb, but the second he stopped he would be made captive. This year is ripe for the picking. Ripe with possibility and hope that a long time of waiting and hoping might birth things that we can see, touch and feel.

It will be undoubtedly hard. It will test my limits and my will...my faith which is not ever as unshakeable as I would like it to be or think that it is. A life full and bursting at the seams and a year waiting to be splashed into from terrifying heights.

STOP!


Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica
    I have always been fascinated by thight rope walkers. It seems so impossible to do, but this reminds me of the opportunity to live in our Lord Jesus every day, the safest place for all eternity. Nice meeting you again at F M F.
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...