Sunday, April 6, 2014

How to See Hope

It was my first year as a varsity cheerleader. We had a tea for all the moms and daughters on the squad and my aunt came along to fill in the gap. The one left a couple years earlier when a man crossed the center line and ran my mama's van off the road.

We played a game to break the ice. Maybe you've played it before. You put a card with a fictional character on your head and asking only "Yes" or "No" questions you have to guess who it is. My coach began to mildly freak out when she realized that my card read, "Little Orphan Annie"

Yes, the redheaded girl who really was an orphan had it plastered right across her forehead. 

When I realized it I laughed. Really, truly I did. I mean...of course that is what I got. Story of my life.

But let's back up a bit because that isn't really where the story begins.  
The story begins where it seemed to end. 

I'm sharing some of my story over in the Velvet Ashes Community today. Come along and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...