Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 16: Extraordinary Ordinary

Maybe you don't recognize the lady jiggin' next to Roy Acuff? Heck, most folks probably don't know the fiddlin' fella in the picture. Minnie Pearl never saw a hat she wanted to cut the price tag off of and she never heard a tune that didn't send her feet to tapping.


I found this print a decade ago on a Saturday rummage through a flea market with a dear friend. For $2 I found a friend who has accompanied me on the wall of every kitchen that I've had since getting married.


I keep her there in eyesight to remind me that every tune is an opportunity to listen and sway around the room a bit. Her face lights up joy and reminds me that joy is a choice. You can hear the music of life and choose not to dance or you can hear it and choose to kick up your feet and grin big.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...