Friday, February 15, 2013

5 Minute Friday: Beloved

This week has been a crazy (in)couraging mess. I'm so glad that at the end of the week I can let my fingers go for a little five minute walk across the keyboard without too much thinking...or over thinking which is often my case. I get to join with some of my favorite bloggy friends and write five minutes of brave onto my screen. Click on over and read all of our results at Lisa-Jo's place.

Topic: Beloved
GO!

Some of us needed to read between the lines of our wedding vows. I meant every word of mine, but until you've lived face to face and slept in the carved out places of an aging mattress for a few years together you have no idea what you really said.  I flip through wedding photos to find that one that I love so much. The one of a be-veiled girl in an ethereal garden. The world draped beautiful in late summer for a bride. My life is a million miles away from that day and we have put oceans behind us in the time that has lapsed. We've argued hard, we've rolled to the middle to cup forgiveness in our hands and offer grace to each other, reluctant grace at times.

Love begets love. 

Love offered and received has but one choice to spill love out again and again. You've given me love, undeserved at times- most of the time,  and God has granted oneness and wholeness in Him through love and it sloshes around all over us and the little girl sleeping down the hall. It is in love, the hard and the holy love, that I have learned that I am loved and beloved by a Love greater than ours. 

A husband's earthly love can do (has done) holy, heavenly work in a woman's soul.


STOP!


Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...