Thursday, October 16, 2014

{Day 16} When Worship Is Hard But His Promises Hold True

Yesterday I wrote about worship and sacrifice and the metamorphosis of heart and spirit those two things have been in my own life.

I brought up worship because I have found on any given day, good or bad, the posture of my heart toward God is directly correlated to my experience of His Light. 

Worship is the choice to live in the Light.

The pit can be dark and bottomless, but if worship, praise and thanks to the Father is on my lips then the Light can slip right in. As I declare with my heart He is faithful I am reminded truly He is even if in the moment I feel faithless.
 Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. {Hebrews 13:15}
On the days I stand up to my elbows in the muck of life and up to my eyeballs with this broken world worship becomes a sacrifice of my selfish soul. My flesh inclines to level accusations and stack my idols tall. Chasing light means cracking the blinds of my dark heart to see God's goodness shines steady. It doesn't make it easy, but it does make Him worthy. 

Two days ago the wind whipped and howled and the very next day autumn blazed in blues, golds and greens. Each day God was present, never changing in the shifting shadows both of a storm and gloriously golden fall. 

Our worship is idolatry if we worship only when the flame blazes in our souls. 

The reality is that the God who is all Light lives by the Spirit in us and we worship in beauty or bleakness all the same. We wake up and regardless of the day before or the day behind us we can plant ourselves on the firm ground of thanksgiving for what we hold in our hand right now. 

We hold the substance of ancient faith, hope and love, the very promises of God. 

Promises to be near to the brokenhearted. 
Promises to bind up our wounds. 
Promises to heal. 
Promises to love with a steadfast never ending sort of love.
Promises to be with us in the pit. 
Promises enough to fill more blog posts and books then this world can hold.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...