Friday, February 21, 2014

5 Minute Friday: Small and Purpose

It's Friday! That means it is time for me to join up with my two favorite online communities to write. I love the challenge and even more I love the folks that brave the world of words to share their words with me.

You can find out more over at Lisa-Jo's place and in The Grove over at Velvet Ashes. Go check it out!

Here goes my 5 minutes on "Small" and "Purpose"





You don't always know the "why" of something until after the fact. There are roads that we start down with purposes and intent that turn into a thing totally other than the plan we had in our head. Because God is anything, but predictable.

I know my tendency to limit God. There is a part of me that wants to govern the way He works in my life. There are limits that I put on His hand, His ability.

There are a couple of miracle needing situations going on around here. They are the  kind of situations that make the soul feel on edge.They are places that God will have to show-off for the outcome to be what we hope for. 

And then there is the thought we have to swallow that He might not "show-off" in the way that we want or think we need. It is hard for me to worry that God will play it small when we are needing Him so big.

But that is my own misgivings and not the truth about a God who doesn't change. He is the God who voiced truth from the flames of a bush, parted a sea effortlessly and has moved mountains to be with us.

He has never nor will He ever be a God that plays it small. 

Maybe it isn't God that is small, but my faith that is so microscopic in comparison. It takes big faith to admit that what I think I need, demand that I need, might actually be something that I want because it makes me comfortable instead of faithful.

Perhaps our purpose isn't to accomplish things, or be things, or do things, but to be found faithful in His purposes. That is no small thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...