Friday, April 26, 2013

5 Minutes on "Friend"

This 5 minutes is getting "real". I have the joy of joining women every week to write bold and brave and this weekend their will be 5,000 women joining up across the globe to get "real" and be bold and brave in real life.

Why not join in?




We eat breakfast, get dressed, and stuff ourselves into the car. We pull into the too small parking lot of our new town's public library and I brace myself for new faces. I brace myself for the anxiety that is always just below the surface in these situations. I brace myself to be the odd girl out.

I had asked my sweet sisters across the miles to pray that this week I'd make a friend. Two weeks in a new town and the walls feel like they are closing in on me a bit. I need a knowing smile and an I'm right there with you glance.

As I slip the wee girl's arms through the car seat straps she smiles and I smile inwardly and remind myself that we are all the same. Every mama juggling diaper bags and wiggly wee ones is just the same and we need each other. 

Some of us desperately need each other. 

I see it on her face. The woman with the tiny babe in the darling sleeper. She tells me with her eyes and with few words that she needs a friend. She needs someone to let her know that she isn't alone. That she isn't the only new girl and she isn't the odd girl out.

We need one another to love, to show grace, to go a little further, to live with eyes and and arms open.


Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...