Tuesday, November 4, 2014

From the Inside Out

A few days ago I got stung by a yellow jacket. It seems we have had a bit of an infestation and they have been sneaking there way into our house through some crack or cranny for weeks. My sting followed a cowardly attack when I unknowingly grabbed the handle of a bag along with the yellow striped perpetrator. If you've ever been stung then you know how the throbbing can last for days. With each pulse of blood in my finger I was reminded of the incident.

Eventually it stopped hurting. In fact I realized just a bit ago it hadn't given me any pain in about a day. The healing was imperceptible but happening even as the throbbing continued.

Isn't that how healing is?

Deep work goes on under the skin and we don't even perceive it. We feel the ache. It can feel like an open wound but somewhere along the lines we wake up and the hurt, though visibly scarred, has become something you can live with.

There are wounds I bare that continue to ache after years and years of living with them. The scars are emotional. They are the wounds inflicted by experience, circumstance and  great loss and at times they have threatened to cripple me entirely.

Visit me over at Velvet Ashes today to read the rest of my story of healing.

How have others been a part of your healing? How have you entered into another's pain to bring the healing of Christ?

Photo Credit: Fiona McAllister Photography via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...