Saturday, October 11, 2014

Resources for the Light Chasers (Vol. 3)

I'm so blessed by the light chasers that fill this worldwide web with pure light. Let's be real and admit that the interwebs can be a dark place. I've long been of the opinion that we, the Gospel loving Easter people, need to take this thing by the horns and use our sphere of internet influence to redeem it for good.

Here are a few links to fill you with light today. Some are recent finds and others are articles I come back to again and again for the way they bolster hope in my heart or make me reflect deeply.

What Creativity Really Means by Jennifer Dukes Lee 
I Do Believe (Help) by Joanna Swart over at Velvet Ashes {A post on doubt, because we all have.}
History of Hymns: "It Is Well With My Soul"
{This is a hymn history story you need to know and this particular writing really brings the truth full circle.}
When You Wonder if What You Create is Any Good by Ann Voskamp
{I have this printed out and it lives on my desk. For each of us who struggle with the worth of the work of our hands.}
Photographer captures 4 sisters over 40 years in 40 portraits 
{There is something so beautiful to me about this series of photos. I discovered it this past week and it made me thing long and hard about the passing of time and the way it molds and changes us.}
An Open Letter to the Ones Whose No Didn't Count {From my friend Alia, this is the hard beautiful kind of light chasing and truth telling.}
Mary Maxwell Gives Hilarious Prayer Turned Comedy Act at a Dinner {Laughter and light go hand in hand. This woman, stoic as she may be, brings it.}





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...