Friday, September 28, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Grasp

Another Friday, another Five Minute Friday! WOOHOO! Thanks Lisa-Jo for always keeping us on our toes. How does it work? Head over to Lisa-Jo's corner of the web and find the topic then follow these instructions! Easy Peasy! Also, if you're up for it join all the FMF folks on twitter for a party late on Thursday evenings, #fmfparty, #FiveMinuteFriday.

Topic: Grasp
GO! 

He stares blankly up at the ceiling and I can almost hear his thoughts. He can't quite wrap his head around 12 months of work and scraping to get by and a Gospel calling thumping in his heart. He can't grasp why we're still here when there is so much to do there and everywhere.

It has been a year of a job he could do without. He's gone to work every day for two reasons. Me and the doe-eyed girl down the hall. We've had enough to get by, but not much more. There is always that call to roam the world digging holes full of water and giving the water of life to quench the soul-thirsty. He can't imagine doing any thing else.


When the question of, "Who will go?" goes out he is first to say, "Here am I, send me". 

When our bank account sits shallow and our dreams require deep pockets it is easy to fret. It can be a desperate attempt to push and pull God into our time frame. We can't grasp a God with a plan better than our own. But thank goodness He has one.

STOP! 

Read more about our journey back to a missionary life over at our family blog!




Five Minute Friday

14 comments:

  1. oooooh so beautiful and moving! i love how God grasps us with His purpose and plans! God bless you and provide for you and inspire you and release you into His dreams and may you respond by grasping on with everything you are... blessings, claire (after you in line at lisa-jo's)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and encouraging me with such sweet words. We need folks to come alongside and help us believe in the plans God has for us. Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love where this is going and I want to get to know you more. Adding you to my reader so I can catch up. Glad to have met you tonight at the twitter party and looking forward to your 31 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad we met tonight! Glad you'll be reading along...now I just have to produce something for you to read! Yikes! 31 days? I am crazy.

      Delete
  3. This is powerful and real. I have been blessed by it. You are doing something special and very beautiful :)

    Popping by from Five minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and sharing a bit of grace. I've been blessed.

      Delete
  4. "He can't grasp why we're still here when there is so much to do there and everywhere."
    This line really hit me, especially remembering my passionate husband and some recent years where we were wondering why we weren't in ministry as we were expecting.
    From your fmf party ISFJ curly haired friend.
    Melanie bluemarblegod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, so glad you came by! It encourages me that you can relate! Sometimes it can feel lonesome waiting for God to fulfill His promises. He is faithful and I'm so excited He has brought me a new curly haired, ISFJ friend! See you at Allume, right?!

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful. Your words prompt and stir my heart. Blessings from 5MF!

    http://positivelyalene.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The waiting is the hardest ... we are waiting for our house to sell so we can move on in ministry. At my age I am very impatient and I have to ask the Lord to bless me with more patience daily - and more grace - and through it all He continues to fill my heart with joy :) Loved your heart felt post. Have a wonderful day :)

    http://thejoyfulservant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica this is so US! This is so where my and my husband's heart at this present time. Our kids are older, there are only a couple more that we have to "worry" about and this yearning in our heart to do more...to go out and be more for Him. But it is scary at the same time because we don't know what or where that looks like. And you are right. We can try and put Him in our box...all in his time!

    Mindy @ New Equus - A New Creation

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...